Tuesday, June 1, 2010

God Glorified in the Preacher’s Dependence: Preaching from Weakness - Mawhinney, JOFMM Fall 2004

When Preaching with Freshness (Kregel) was first published back
in 1990, Jay Adams warned me in so many words, “Bruce, now
that you’ve written a book on preaching, people will expect you to
be an expert, and they will judge you by a higher standard. You
won’t be able to live up to that standard.” His prophetic words
have repeatedly resounded in my brain for I have never been so
severely criticized for my preaching as in the years following the
publishing of that book. Though it has been difficult, the Lord has
graciously used the words of my critics to help shape and mold me
more into the image of His Son. Along the way, I believe this has
further deepened and matured me as a preacher, too....

No comments:

Post a Comment